During the KVM forum, I had the opportunity to know some of Boston. I’ve been in the MIT campus, seaport area, and Boston Downtown. What a beautiful city!
After the KVM forum, I’ve spent some days of vacation with my friends Don and Stan. What a great time we had in NYC and Washington! I’ve visited:
- Times Square, NYC
- Rockfeller Center, NYC
- Empire State Building, NYC
- Capitol, DC
- White House, DC
Among other places. A very dense visit, where I had the opportunity to see a lot of American history and culture. Of course, I won’t try to upload all the photos to this simple blog post, web albums exist for this very reason Here goes one particularly nice photo that shows how hectic Times Square can be at night:
Some impressions about the country:
- As one would expect, beautiful and well organized cities. Of course, big cities tend to have very similar problems, however I liked the overall experience
- I’ve got some myths I had about United States busted: I know now that is perfectly possible to stick to a healthy diet for a very reasonable price. I visited some grocery stores and found out that good food is affordable, the same applies to restaurants and diners. The only caveat here is that you can get junk food (read potato chips, snacks, humongous pieces of bacon, soda and such) for *very* low prices, so it is very easy to overindulge.
- People tend to be very polite and amicable. Again, nice overall experience
- Apparently, smaller cities with big universities (read Boston) tend to have lots of young and beautiful people. It was very pleasant to see lots of beautiful young ladies in there
Thanks to Don and Stan, for being the excellent friends they are Also, thanks to the other Americans that received me so well in their country!